Day 1- arrival day
Check in to your room from 3pm
We will issue you with your Silvretta Card, which gives you access to free and discounted activities throughout the valley. Choose from the Basic or Premium Card, which card you need will depend on your plans for the week, if you talk to us about your plans we can help you decide which option is right for you.
Take some time to settle into the hotel, go for an easy walk along the path by the river and through the village.
Pop into Intersport to sort out any gear you may need to rent or buy for the week.
HOT TIP - avoid disappointment and book your bikes/e-bikes in advance, they are hot property and are sometimes sold out.
Head back to the Galtürerhof for dinner, and enjoy 4 courses of lovingly prepared local specialties with a good bottle of red or white wine. If you haven’t booked Half Pension, not to worry- you can book it on arrival.
Day 2- Hike to a Charming Mountain Hut for Lunch
(all mentioned routes are also possible by bike or e-bike)
Set off on one of the hikes around Galtür, and enjoy lunch in one of our quaint mountain huts.
Our house favourite is the loop around the Kopstausee and/or Zeinissee, with lunch at the Gasthof Zeinisjoch or Weiberhimmel on the way home. Other great walk & lunch options include:
- The Silvretta Stausee (Gasthof PizBuin)
- Jamtal (Menta Alm)
- Jamtal (Scheiben Alm)
- Larein Alpe
- Verbella Alp
A walk to the Faulbrunnalm or Weiberhimmel can easily be combined with a visit to the Silvapark Bouldering Paradise.
- Jamtal Hütte
- Heilbronner Hütte
- Wiesbadner Hütte
- Friedrichschaffner Hütte
- Heildeberger Hütte
- Madlener Haus
- Alpe Vermunt
- Konstanzer Hütte
- Saarbrückner Hütte
See the Galtür Hiking Guide for further details about these huts & routes
HOT TIP- If you haven’t tried hiking with poles, they might just change your life! The terrain here is sometimes steep, difficult and uneven and poles can help prevent slips and sprains. They are very lightweight and can easily fit in a backpack. Available to hire or buy from our partner Intersport Wolfart.
Day 3- Biking Adventure
Take a bike or e-bike on an adventure into one of the many side valleys. Our suggestion is to go to the Jamtal Hütte. Here you can enjoy a great lunch with a view to the Jamtal Glacier. If you have energy you can continue further into the valley on foot to visit the “Steinmannli” stone man and the Jam Glacier itself.
Grill Night at the Galtürerhof
In 2021 Monday nights at the Galtürerhof are BBQ nights. Enjoy a selection of grilled local favourites in our garden. Included in the HP price, also available for non-residents (subject to availability).
Day 4- Hiking part II
Take another hike. On Tuesdays in 2021 Daniel guides guests of the Galtürerhof on walks (also available to non-guests for a fee). He picks the appropriate trail based on the weather and the mix of participants, taking into consideration ages, fitness & goals.
Or, do your own thing: There are dozens of trails around Galtür & Ischgl to choose from, check out the Paznaun Summer Guide for detailed info, or we are happy to advise you.
Day 5- Rest the Legs
Duty Free Shopping in Switzerland - Samnaun
Perhaps by now you need a day to rest your legs. Let the cable car take you from Ischgl up & across the border to the Swiss village of Samnaun.
Samnaun is Switzerland’s only duty free zone. It’s remote location in the alps meant that for a long time the only access road to the village went through Austria. Instead of setting up a customs office at the border to tax the supplies coming into the town, Samnaun was declared a duty free zone and it remains so today, even though it is no longer quite so inaccessible.
Other less active options:
- Swimming: If the weather is good, you can spend the afternoon at the Ischgl “freibad” outdoor pool, or at the swimming lake in See. If the weather is not in your favour, the Galtür Sportzentrum has an indoor pool. Entry to these pools is free with the Premium Silvretta Card.
- In 2021 Emily offers guests a gentle Yoga Session on Wednesday afternoons. Yoga is a perfect way to balance out all the walking and biking. On fine days we go out on the Terrace and practice in the sunshine with views to the Gorfen- & Ballunspitze. Suitable for all levels of experience & fitness.
- Book amassage, manicure or other treatment with one of the skilled local providers (we can book for you, and have your massage room in our wellness zone).
Day 6- Silvretta Hochalpenstrasse & Bielerhöhe
Drive, bus, bike or motorbike up the famous Silvretta High Alpine Road (tolls apply, free with the Silvretta Premium Card).
A unique experience!!!
At the Bierlehöhe you find yourself with the world famous Piz Buin above you, the Silvretta lake next to you, the Montafon Valley (Vorarlberg) in front of you and the Paznaun (Tirol) behind you.
- walk around the reservoir (6km) or to the Bielerspitze 2545 m
- continue down the Hochalpenstraße into the Montafon valley
- lunch at the Alpe Vermunt or the Gasthaus Piz Buin
- attempt the via Ferrata on the dam wall.
Piz Buin is possibly the most famous peak in Austria, thanks to the ubiquitous sunscreen brand of the same name. The mountaineer Franz Greiter suffered terrible sunburn whilst scaling the peak in 1938, and on his return home worked with his aesthetician wife, Marga, to create a product that would allow people to enjoy the sun safely. And the world famous sunscreen was born.
Day 7- Home
Time flies when you’re having fun, and it may be hard to believe that today is the last day. Before you pack up, make sure to talk to us about booking your winter holiday or for next summer :-)
Depending on how far you have to travel, you can probably still squeeze in a little adventure on the way home.
Your Premium Silvretta Card is valid to take you home via the Silvretta High Alpine Road.
If you are going in the other direction you can stop in Kappl or See and take a ride up on the Gondola and enjoy the landscape for the last time. The Sunny Mountain Park is a great way for the kids to burn off some energy before a long car trip.
- At the Galtürerhof we love talking about all the fantastic activities we have on our doorstep, and there are many more than what we have suggested here. Please feel free to ask us for suggestions, information and tips.
- Lunch packets are available from our kitchen for you to take on your adventures- please order by 6pm the night before.
- This is a list of suggested activities that a visitor might like to follow in order to experience a wide variety of what the alps have to offer. It is not intended as a schedule, the days of your stay and the weather will obviously play a crucial role in what activities you will be able to do.
Does that sound like a great week to you? Inquire or book your room with us at the Galtürerhof online!
Stay in the loop: